The Archdiocese of Miami, along with the 194 dioceses of the United States Catholic Conference, is committed to providing safe environments for those who need protection the most, our children and our vulnerable adults. Under the direction of Archbishop Wenski, we are keeping that promise.
All clergy, religious, employees and adult volunteers (e.g., liturgical ministers, youth group leaders, school volunteers, coaches etc.) in the parishes, schools and other entities of the Archdiocese of Miami must fulfill the following safe environment requirements:
1) Successfully pass a national criminal background screening.
2) Participate in the “Virtus” training program, which is provided at many locations throughout the Archdiocese of Miami.
3) Sign an ADOM Pledge to Promote Safe Environment
There is no cost to the individual for any of these requirements.
These steps are tangible signs of the Archdiocese of Miami’s continuing efforts to ensure a safe environment for children and vulnerable adults in our parishes, schools and other facilities. This work by all the Roman Catholic dioceses of our country represents the largest child sexual abuse prevention effort in the history of the United States.
For more details, please visit http://www.miamiarch.org and click “Protecting God’s Children
VIRTUS: Protecting God’s Children
All school volunteers must attend the VIRTUS: Protecting God’s Children session. All volunteers need to have attended the VIRTUS training and submit a copy of their Certificate of Training Attendance to the school office.
In order to attend this session, all participants need to register via the VIRTUS Online site. In order to register:
- Log on to www.virtus.org
- Select “Registration” on the left column
- Select “View a list of sessions”
- Select “Miami, FL (Archdiocese)”
- Scroll down to view dates and locations where the session is being offered
- Select “Start Registration”
- Create an ID and password that you will use to access your account and proceed to register for the session.